Sedentary professions and virtual employment have become more and more popular over time. These jobs require minimum physical activity. Also, as people reach certain ages, they become less active and start spending more time sitting. Yet, sitting still or lying down for long hours has severe health risks.
These sedentary behaviors can lead to obesity, muscle weakness, heart diseases, depression, anxiety, dementia, and more. However, the desk cycle mini exercise bike is one of the best solutions to this problem. It’s a mini portable bike with a wide range of health benefits. This pedaling machine helps you burn calories, improve mental health, loosen muscle mass, improve motion coordination, and more.
The desk cycle mini bike is lightweight. It weighs only 23 pounds and can be used anywhere whether from home or the office. This exercise machine is made from high-impact resistant plastic which makes it durable enough to transport anywhere. The mini bike is 24 x 20 x 10 inches, with a maximum height of 5,7 feet. This feature gives the portable peddler a flexible size to fit under any standard office desk from as low as 27 inches. You can simply slip the machine under your desk and start burning some calories whilst getting some work done.
The desk cycle pedal exerciser also has a magnetic resistance feature that gives it a smooth and soundless motion pedal. You don’t have to worry about disturbing your workmates at the office because the mini bike pedals smoothly. Moreover, the mini peddler comes with 8 different pedal resistance levels. You can adjust the level of exercise/ tension to suit your workout goal. It has a removable LCD monitor as well that can track your speed, distance, exercise time, or calories.
The Good Points
- A desk cycle mini bike is easy to assemble because there are no handlebars, wheels, or seats. This means it’s more user-friendly compared to a stationary bike.
- It is lightweight and therefore portable enough to be moved around the office or at home easily.
- It simulates exercise similar to walking. This low-intensity workout has many health benefits.
- It comes with different resistant pedal levels to adjust the intensity of the workout to your liking.
- It has a magnetic mechanism that’s more stable than friction-based mini bikes.
The Bad Points
- The mini bike may not engage all your core muscles during exercise, unlike the standard stationary bike.
- People taller than 5,7ft can struggle using the bike under a standard height desk.
Should You Buy It?
The desk cycle mini bike is a great addition to your workout routine if you don’t have time for the gym. This magnetic-powered mini bike can help you moderate your blood sugar levels, burn calories, and gently tone your muscles all whilst sitting. The machine can fit under a desk and is adjustable to fit your height so that you won’t bump your knees.
Desk Cycle Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
- The desk cycle under desk bike pedal exerciser is 24x 20x 10 inches, lightweight, portable, mini bike weighing only 23 pounds.
- It is equipped with irresistible features which include — a magnetic resistance mechanism for smooth quiet workouts, 8 resistance levels to adjust your exercise level, optimum size, and weight to move it around at home or the office, and an LCD monitor to track your workout.
What Are Others Saying About It?
I’m down 30 lbs in 7 months and feeling GREAT! This helped me build stamina and lose weight after a 4-year illness. I couldn’t do very hard exercises so I got two of these- one for work and one for home. I average 50 miles a day and when I’m home watching tv or working I make sure I’m using it. I have convinced multiple coworkers to buy these and now our corporate gym is selling them on campus. This is SILENT and it will be a deal-breaker on accepting any future jobs if I can’t have this at my desk. I can’t believe the difference in how I feel. Also – I have been able to up the resistance and I notice that my quads are looking great! I’ve switched to pedaling backward to help my hamstrings and I feel those developing so much as well. I have NEVER liked my thighs, even when I was thinner and a dancer, but this thing has helped tremendously! I’m SO HAPPY! EVERYONE NEEDS ONE! Now, no matter how awful work is, I know that I’m at least getting paid to improve my health.
Amazon ID: Ted Smegus
I took the opportunity to try a couple of other cheaper models in stores but found them jerky when pedaling. I gambled on the DeskCycle and purchased it from Amazon. It has a beautifully fluid motion, is very sturdy, and is extremely easy to set up and use. I have it tucked under my home office desk and jump on when I am listening in on meetings. Ordinarily, I find myself sitting in the same position for hours on end while working, and having the desk cycle available at my feet means I can keep my circulation going. It is not an exercise bike in the normal sense, that isn’t the point of it, but it is possible to work up a sweat on the max setting. You can also place it on a table or get down on your knees and cycle using your arms, but that is a tough exercise as it is not a natural movement. I am not a gambler but I do not regret for one moment purchasing this item.
Amazon ID: ammy McLeod
I have been using it at work every day. I keep it at low tension and pedal as I read documents and deal with email. It is quiet and comfortable. My feet are swollen when I sit all day, but no swelling when I pedal. I also don’t feel all crippled up when I get up from my seat when I use it (as I do when just sitting). It was delivered ahead of time also. I would recommend this product.