Water is a scarce commodity in some parts of the world, and not all sources of water that you come across will have clean water. If you have been camping or hiking, you understand how frustrating it can be to run out of clean water. What if you had a way to filter any water that you come across and have clean drinking water? The Lifestraw personal water filter gives you advanced water filtration that allows you to drink water you come across even in the wild.
The straw traps bacteria, parasites, and microplastics. You can even put the straw in muddy water and get clear water that is safe to drink. The Lifestraw is different from other water filtration mechanisms that require electricity or batteries. You can use the straw for four thousand liters of water without the need to replace anything. The straw uses a membrane microfilter that traps all the bacteria and parasites, and after 4000 liters, you can use another straw.
The Lifestraw water filter comes in a pack of two blue straws. The straws are lightweight, and you can carry them on your camping trip or international trip; you can never be too prepared. The straw does not limit the flow rate as you drink your water. All you need to do is put your straw on the source of water and drink. The straw is BPA-free which is earth-friendly; purchasing the straw will impact a child’s life as Lifestraw donates the filters to children in need of clean drinking water.
The good points
- The Lifestraw is lightweight, and you can carry it anywhere.
- You don’t have to worry about a power source for your Lifestraw filter.
- The Lifestraw is durable, and you won’t have to replace any parts
- The Lifestraw has no expiration date.
The bad points
- You need to follow the care instructions, or you will be left thinking the filter doesn’t work.
- The Lifestraw does not come with a pouch to store water and drink from, so you may need to purchase a container.
The Lifestraw is a convenient straw to have in a foreign place. By purchasing the Lifestraw, you are guaranteed to have clean filtered water at all times. The straw is lightweight, making it easy to carry and store, unlike many other water filters. If you want a filtering system that you can rely on, invest in Lifestraw and help children around the world get clean drinking water.
- The Lifestraw personal filter is an innovative way to filter water without carrying a big tank around.
- You don’t need to worry about replacing the battery or charging it when you are outdoors.
- This BPA-free straw will enable you to turn dirty-looking water into freshwater that you can without worrying about getting sick.
- The filtration system will protect you from bacteria, microplastics, and parasites.
- It will turn murky water into clear water with a fresh taste.
What are others saying about it?
Amazon ID Amazon Customer
This thing is no joke! I took it backpacking on Maine’s Bigelow range. When I ran out of the water I brought, I was A-ok with this. Just bring a wide mouth bottle to fill with water you find. On top of one of the lower peaks, I drank from the most disgusting-looking crevice filled with brown scum (see photo). I thought, this is going to be safe, but it tastes horrid. WRONG. TASTED LIKE THE FRESHEST SPRING WATER. Better than any tap. I’m from Maine, and I’ve tasted plenty of water right from mountain springs, so take my word. One caution: it can be a little challenging to start. You have to prove it by soaking. If it still doesn’t work, blow into it a bit.
Get one for your outdoor adventures, and one for your bug-out bag, which everyone should have in case of natural disaster (or civil war, because the world seems to have gone mad).
Amazon ID American Patriots
I’ve used these both in Iraq & Afghanistan. Works as advertised. Extremely reliable and genuinely safe to use a filtration system. We now use it as an SOP to have one in everyone’s ruck when we deploy! Semper Fi.
Amazon ID David
Got what we ordered. Happy with this product already as I’ve used them in Afghanistan when I was last deployed there