Lustrous hair is a women’s mark of beauty. Hair is very important to both men and women and therefore we all seek remedies to keep it silky, shiny, and lustrous.
Just like your skin and body, your tresses need special attention because healthy hair always equals beautiful hair and beautiful hair enhances your overall beauty.
Summer and winter affect our hair in a big way and if we don’t know how to take care of it, it results in dull looking hair which lacks shine and luster.
We will tell you some useful tips to protect your hair and keep it healthy in all seasons. So let’s get going and see the tips for healthy hair.
Tips for healthy hair
1. Hair should be washed after every three days to keep it off the dirt and dust.
2. Don’t overwash your hair; it releases excess sebum which makes the hair greasy.
3. Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type best. It should be gentle in order to moisturize and soften your hair.
4. While washing your hair, wet the hair thoroughly and add shampoo, work up till it lathers, and thoroughly clean your hair and scalp. Be gentle on your scalp ladies; always use fingertips and not nails. 5. Use a good conditioner after every hair wash. It is a must! It soothes dry, broken, and damaged hair. It also adds shine, and luster and keeps your hair tangle free. Choose the right type of conditioner for your hair.
6. Massage your scalp for a few minutes every day. Doing this will not only stimulate circulation but also removes dead skin cells, helps to prevent dandruff, and improves hair growth.
7. Massage your hair with warm oil, at least once a week, in order to restore the oil lost by exposure and washing. This prevents hair from breakage. Use warm oil preferably almond or olive oil, and massage the scalp with your fingertips in a circular motion.
If you have thick and heavy hair, use coconut oil. Leave it for at least one to two hours. You can get a few more long hair tips here.
8. Use wide-paneled brushes to comb hair, preferably a soft bristles brush.
9. Cover your hair when you go out in the sunlight. Sun has drying effects on your hair.
10. If your hair type is oily, rinsing it with diluted lemon juice or cider vinegar will help in removing the grease and adds shine to it.
11. If you swim or go to the gym daily, you will have to wash your hair every day. So use a gentle moisturizing shampoo, followed by a light conditioner to replenish lost natural oils.
12. In order to prevent dry and dull locks, use simple hair masks.
13. And most importantly, have a well-balanced diet and get enough sleep. It’s the best way to keep your hair in top condition.
What should you avoid doing?
14. Avoid unnecessary combing, brushing, and handling of hair. If you commute by motorbike, make sure you tie or cover your hair to avoid tangles and exposure to sunlight.
15. Avoid washing your hair with soap. The shampoo is always best for hair as soaps dry up the hair completely.
16. Don’t overdo the shampoo as too much of it will wash away the natural oils of your hair.
17. Always buy a shampoo with conditioner in it. Also, use a separate moisturizing conditioner followed by shampooing. This practice will keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
18. People with oily hair should not use much conditioner; just a little will do.
19. Don’t comb your hair right after shampooing; this leads to hair breakage and frizzy hair.
20. Avoid using a hairdryer to dry your hair. It is always better to dry your hair naturally. I hope you find this article helpful. Do keep checking for more tips on health and beauty.