Are you thinking of having a home gym and want to do strength training from the comfort of your home? If yes, then the Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage is for you.
It can handle a weight capacity of 800lbs and is very stable so you can enjoy your workouts without worrying about it moving. The cage is made from durable heavy-duty 2-inch by 2-inch tubular steel frame construction and has a large walk-in space for side-to-side movement.
The power cage helps build muscles on your upper back, arms, and shoulders. You can easily do a variety of exercises to reach your fitness goals. For example, Lat Pull Over, Wide Lat Pull-down, and Triceps Extensions. The cage includes high and low row pulley systems, high tensile strength nylon coated cable, and an easy glide 2 inches by 2 inches chrome guide rail for smooth operation.
The cage also comes with two 23 inches long chrome dual mounted safety bars and two 3 ¼ inches long chrome locks on safety bars which are compatible with 7’ Olympic bars. Each pair of bars has a weight capacity of 800lbs and is adjustable to 19 height levels. The 19 height levels give you a total range of workout positions including shrugs, squats, incline or decline bench presses, chin-ups, and so much more.
The extended lower rear crossbar provides extra space for fitting in benches and footrests for seated row exercises. The two rear stability bars located at the back of the cage are added to provide solid-state performance so you can enjoy your strength training exercises. The package includes a One Fitness Reality LAT pulldown attachment, weighs 68.1 pounds, and has a 1-year limited warranty.
The good points
- Includes one 39-inch bar and 20-inch low row bar attachments with foam grips.
- Has ball bearing pulley systems for smooth operation
- Includes two 1-inch Spring Clip Collars and a 6.5 inches long weight plate storage post.
- Enables you to reach your strength-training goals at an affordable price.
- It is easy to assemble and comes with a manual to help you along.
The bad points
- The weight plates, Olympic bar, and bench are not included.
- The 2 inches Olympic plates need to be used with Olympic Adapter Sleeves which are not included in the package when you purchase the cage.
Should you buy it?
The power cage can be a good gym substitute. So, if you want to improve strength or build muscles without paying large sums of money, buy the power cage. It is affordable, easy to put together, spacious, and makes it easy for you to do a variety of exercises. It has safety bars with a weight capacity of 800lbs. Each pair of bars are adjustable to give you a total range of workout positions. Making it easy for you to try out different exercises and reach your strength-training goals.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
- The Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage can handle a weight capacity of 800lbs and is very stable so you can enjoy your workouts without worrying about it moving.
- It can help you build muscles on your upper back, arms, and shoulders.
- It is spacious and makes it easy for you to do a variety of exercises and reach your fitness goals.
- The cage comes with two 23 inches long chrome dual mounted safety bars and two 3 ¼ inches long chrome locks on safety bars which are compatible with 7’ Olympic bars.
- Each pair of bars has a weight capacity of 800lbs and is adjustable to 19 height levels.
What are others saying about it?
Amazon ID: Steph-o
Excellent rack for the money. Solid, Sturdy, and well built. I am 6’4″ 210 lbs and it doesn’t budge when I do pull-ups. Being that tall the only thing that I would change is the position of the top stability bar. You can hit your head on it when racking squats, but if you pay attention that won’t happen (you could also turn around and squat facing the other direction). Much better than anticipated. The box does come looking like it went through a paper shredder but everything was there and nothing was broken. Excellent product. Solid. All the same fasteners so no messing around with the “fastener A with lock nut B” malarkey. Again a great product for a home gym!!!!!
Amazon ID: Brian A. Lee
I have used this about 2-3 times a week for over a year and I am still impressed! Value for your money for sure.
I lift fairly heavy in this cage. 315-345 bench press and 335-365 squats. Not to mention, I also do pull-ups/chin-ups on this power rack also. To put that in more perspective, I weigh 295 lbs.
I think the cage is a bit more stable as I have a few plate holders with plates at the base. Overall, the cage is rock steady.
Accessories I purchased:
– Plate holders (from Titan)
– Dip bars (specific for this cage & made by Fitness Reality)
– J-cups (from some brand I can’t remember)
Amazon ID: Eddie
I was very hesitant to order this rack because of some of the bad reviews describing bad packaging and damaged parts, but I decided to make the jump since it was very well priced. The rack arrived in one very sturdy box. Instructions were easy to follow and parts were neatly packaged. I assembled the rack with another adult and it took us about 1.5 hrs to fully assemble. All the holes aligned perfectly and there was no damage at all on any of the parts. I was very happy with the way it looked and the actual size of it. I was a little worried about the height of the rack as I thought it would not fit in my garage and would hit the top when the garage door was opened. However, that was not a problem at all. The width of the rack is perfect to move around and do squats and rack pulls with no problem at all. The only issue I could see is that the holes are not numbered. I ordered some round number stickers from Amazon for about $5 which will fix this issue. I’m overall very satisfied with this purchase and so happy I pulled the trigger on buying this rack. Perfect for my home gym.